GSRTC starts electric bus services connecting GIFT CityApril 25, 2023
Gandhinagar: In a bid to strengthen green transportation facilities to and from Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City), the Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) has introduced three new electric buses connecting several locations in Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar with GIFT City.
At present, the buses are plying on three routes, namely Narol to GIFT City, Shantipura-SG Highway to GIFT City, and Gandhinagar Pathikashram to GIFT City. The three routes have been worked out considering the growing demand for public transportation, office timings, and to ensure better connectivity with major transit points in Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar.
Notably, GIFT City signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Chartered Speed Limited for electric vehicle (EV) transportation services last year and four electric buses are already plying on various routes connecting Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar with GIFT City. The latest addition of electric buses being operated by GSRTC on the three routes will provide ease of connectivity at an affordable cost for over 20,000 people working in GIFT City.
Apart from EV buses that connect GIFT City with several parts of Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar, it is also going to get Metro connectivity for which construction work is ongoing. A sizeable number of the workforce in GIFT City commutes daily from Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar, and with more entities queuing up for setting up base in GIFT City, the workforce travelling to and from GIFT City will certainly go up creating more demand for public transportation.
Tapan Ray, MD and Group CEO of GIFT City, said, “For a modern smart city like GIFT City, sustainability is key for driving growth and development. Since its inception, GIFT City has adopted green measures to ensure that growth does not come at the cost of the environment. We have already introduced e-mobility facilities in GIFT City last year and the latest introduction of three new electric buses by GSRTC would certainly benefit commuters to and from GIFT City.” DeshGujarat
- Supplier of adulterated ghee for Ambaji prasad found dead in apparent suicide
- Adani shares pictures of ongoing works at proposed 30 GW renewable energy park at Khavda in Kutch
- India will have 10,000 unicorns in the coming years: MoS Rajeev Chandrasekhar in Gujarat
- AMC shares design and details of under-construction Airport - Indira bridge iconic road revamp project
- Gujarat ATS nabs 6 suspects with link to ISKP in Godhra
- Bandh observed in Dhanera over Karni Sena chief’s murder in Rajasthan
- Gujarat Govt launches Surya Namaskar contest; Cash prizes of Rs. 2 Cr plus