Pakistan to release 199 Indian fisherman on May 12May 11, 2023
Gandhinagar: Pakistan has announced that it will release 199 out of 653 Indian fishermen who are currently imprisoned there on May 12, 2023.
A team of eight officials, including state fisheries officials, will receive the fishermen at the Wagah border and provide necessary records. The Indian security agencies will conduct their inquiry and verification at the Atari railway station in Amritsar on May 13, after which the fishermen, who hail from Gujarat, will be sent to Vadodara that same night. After arriving in Vadodara, they will reach Veraval by the evening of May 15.
The Gir Somnath police will conduct their inquiry and verification at Veraval. The Fisheries Office will then hand them over to their families along with required documentation. Additionally, one civilian prisoner will also be released along with the 199 fishermen. DeshGujarat
- Live: PM Modi flags off Jamnagar-Ahmedabad and 8 other Vande Bharat Express trains
- R&B Superintendent Engineer suspended after misbehave with MLA
- Flagging off of Gujarat's third Vande Bharat Express train today: Railways announces a video competition
- BSF apprehends a Pakistani citizen near international border in Kutch
- Police Sub Inspector, two middlemen booked by ACB Gujarat in bribe case in Surat
- Sharad Pawar meets Gautam Adani in Gujarat
- Ganesha in lap of Sahajanand Swami in Lunawada raises controversy