Chennai Super Kings wins IPL for 5th time after defeating Gujarat TitansMay 30, 2023
Ahmedabad: Chennai Super Kings clinched a remarkable fifth Indian Premier League (IPL) championship title by defeating Gujarat Titans by 5 wickets (according to the DLS method) at Narendra Modi Stadium here in the city.
The season finale was rescheduled to Monday (the reserved day) due to a hailstorm and thundershower that struck the city on Sunday evening (the original match day). However, the match turned into a thriller as rain once again interrupted the match for a few hours. Chennai Super Kings had just begun their pursuit of the 215-run target set by Gujarat Titans when heavy rainfall interrupted the match in Ahmedabad.
The revised target for Chennai Super Kings was 171 runs to be scored within 15 overs. The key contributions came from Devon Conway, who scored 47 runs, and Shivam Dube, who added 32 runs to the team’s total. GT’s Mohit Sharma removed MS Dhoni on the very first ball.
In the earlier innings, Sai Sudharshan displayed an impressive performance, scoring an outstanding 96 runs, enabling Gujarat Titans to set a challenging target of 215 runs for Chennai Super Kings. DeshGujarat
- Ahmedabad Metro Rail completes one year; Average upto 90,000 daily passengers riding it
- Amit Shah to inaugurate NIPER 's permanent campus in Gandhinagar
- List of AMC projects, Amit Shah to launch/dedicate this weekend
- Govt of India increases interest on 5-year recurring deposit to 6.7% for Dec quarter
- AMC to make functional 19 fountains by Navratri; Road repair to start in October
- 45 lakh pilgrims participated in Bhadarvi Punam Mela of Ambaji this year: District Collector
- Former GPSC chairman Dr. Dinesh Dasa appointed as member UPSC