‘44% fall in road accidents in Gujarat over past 10 years’June 01, 2023
Gandhinagar: The road accidents in the state have decreased by 44% over the past ten years said the State transport minister Harsh Sanghavi while commending the effective functioning of the Gujarat Road Safety Authority.
During a meeting of the road safety authority, Sanghavi announced that starting from the 2023-24 academic session, students would receive lessons on road safety. He instructed officials to develop the Sarkhej-Gandhinagar road, Bharuch-Surat road, and Ahmedabad-Rajkot road as exemplary routes for road safety. A government statement quoted the minister, emphasizing the state’s commitment to promptly transporting road accident victims to hospitals in order to save lives.
Sanghavi also highlighted that despite a significant increase in vehicles between 2012 and 2022, the number of road accidents has noticeably decreased.
According to the data, in 2022, 56% of road accidents were caused by rear and side collisions, as well as hit-and-run incidents.32% of accidents were because of not wearing helmets. Approximately 22% of all accidents occurred at traffic junctions. DeshGujarat
- Ahmedabad Metro Rail completes one year; Average upto 90,000 daily passengers riding it
- Amit Shah to inaugurate NIPER 's permanent campus in Gandhinagar
- List of AMC projects, Amit Shah to launch/dedicate this weekend
- Govt of India increases interest on 5-year recurring deposit to 6.7% for Dec quarter
- AMC to make functional 19 fountains by Navratri; Road repair to start in October
- 45 lakh pilgrims participated in Bhadarvi Punam Mela of Ambaji this year: District Collector
- Former GPSC chairman Dr. Dinesh Dasa appointed as member UPSC