Bullet train project: NHSRCL signs contract for construction of 21 km tunnel including India’s First 7 Km long undersea rail tunnelJune 08, 2023
The technical bids of this tender were opened on 9th February 2023, and financial bids were opened on 6th April 2023.
“Construction of 21 km of tunnel is one of the most challenging contracts of Mumbai- Ahmedabad HSR corridor, which includes construction of country’s first twin track under sea rail tunnel of 7 km at Thane Creek. Three Tunnel Boring Machines and New Austrian Tunnelling Method will be used for the construction of this tunnel,” said Rajendra Prasad, Managing Director, NHSRCL.
- The 21 km long tunnel will be between underground station at Bandra-Kurla Complex and Shilphata in the State of Maharashtra.
- The 7 km (approx.) undersea tunnel at Thane Creek ( Intertidal Zone) will be the First under sea rail tunnel to come up in the country.
- The tunnel will be a single tube tunnel to accommodate twin track for both-up and down track. 39 equipment rooms at 37 locations will also be constructed adjoining tunnel location as part of the package.
- To construct this tunnel, TBMs with a cutter head of 13.1 Meter diameter will be used. Usually 5-6 Meter Diameter cutter heads are used for urban tunnels used in MRTS – Metro system.
- Three Tunnel Boring Machines will be used to make about 16 km of the tunnel portion and the remaining 5 km will be through New Austrian Tunnelling Method (NATM).
- This tunnel will be about 25 to 65 Meters deep from the ground level.
- Three shafts at BKC (under package C1), Vikhroli, and Sawli at approximate depths of 36, 56 and 39 Meter depths respectively will facilitate the construction. Inclined Shaft of 42 Meter at Ghansoli and Tunnel portal at Shilphata will facilitate the construction of approx. 5 km of tunnel through NATM tunnelling method.
Tender Status in Maharashtra
Mumbai HSR Station [MAHSR Package C-1]– Contract agreement was signed on 20th March 2023.
Construction of tunnel for double line between Mumbai HSR Station and Shilphata (21 km approx.) [MAHSR Package C-2] – Contract agreement signed today i.e. 08.05.2023
Civil & building works with 3 nos. of station i.e., Thane, Virar, Boisar between Shilphata & Zaroli village on Gujarat-Maharashtra border (135 km) [MAHSR Package C-3] – Technical bids were opened on 12th April 2023.
- Centralized admission in Govt run universities in Gujarat from next academic year
- Book about Dhirubhai Ambani written by Parimal Nathwani released by Gujarat Guv
- Parimal Nathwani's book ' The one and only Dhirubhai Ambani' launched
- Lilavati Hospital promoter family launches Lilavati Pharmacy in Gujarat, to open 500 stores in 5 years
- Land Director office's Senior Surveyor nabbed for taking bribe
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Gujarat visit on September 27
- “Congratulations, Team India!” - Nita Ambani lauds women’s cricket team on Asian Games triumph