NHAI erects barrier to restrict heavy vehicle movements on Shastri bridgeJune 09, 2023
Ahmedabad: The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has erected a barrier to restrict the movement of heavy vehicles like trucks and buses on the Shastri Bridge over the Sabarmati River here in the city. This action was taken after images of the deteriorated bridge went viral on social media.
The viral photograph highlighted the need for joint repairs on the 40-year-old Shastri Bridge. However, experts assure that there is no immediate danger of collapse but there is no doubt that rehabilitation is required.
Upon contacting the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI), it has been discovered that the tender process for rehabilitating this bridge is currently underway and at an advanced stage. The estimated value of the tender for this project is Rs. 5.51 crore. The bridge has been making headlines for the past two years due to its poor condition. The Amdavad Municipal Corporation (AMC) has repeatedly approached the NHAI for its repair.
|Tender Details||Shastri Bridge Rehabilitation|
|Organization Chain||Ministry of Road Transport and Highways||P4 Delhi – MoRTH||RO Gandhinagar – MoRTH||NH Division-Ahmedabad – MoRTH|
|Tender Type||Open Tender|
|Work Description||Rehabilitation of Sabarmati Major Bridge (Shastri Bridge) between Km. 4/800 to 5/318 on NH-47 in the State of Gujarat|
|Tender Value in ₹||5,51,93,550|
|Document Download / Sale Start Date||03-04-2023 09:00|
|Bid Submission Start Date||03-04-2023 09:00|
|Bid Submission End Date||25-05-2023 12:00|
Commuters using this bridge often complain of experiencing vibrations while crossing. The bridge connects the Vishala area of Vasna in Western Ahmedabad to the industrial areas of Narol and Pirana in Eastern Ahmedabad. Additionally, it serves as a crucial link connecting Ahmedabad city to Saurashtra. DeshGujarat
- Ahmedabad Metro Rail completes one year; Average upto 90,000 daily passengers riding it
- Amit Shah to inaugurate NIPER 's permanent campus in Gandhinagar
- List of AMC projects, Amit Shah to launch/dedicate this weekend
- Govt of India increases interest on 5-year recurring deposit to 6.7% for Dec quarter
- AMC to make functional 19 fountains by Navratri; Road repair to start in October
- 45 lakh pilgrims participated in Bhadarvi Punam Mela of Ambaji this year: District Collector
- Former GPSC chairman Dr. Dinesh Dasa appointed as member UPSC