PM Modi, Australian Deputy PM to watch ICC world cup final match in AhmedabadNovember 17, 2023
Ahmedabad: The Government of Gujarat has today formally communicated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Australian Deputy Prime Minister are going to watch the final match of the International Cricket Council(ICC) Men’s World Cup 2023 at Narendra Modi Stadium in Motera. The stadium will have over 1.20 lakh cricket fans, while crores of other cricket lovers will watch the match live across the world on TV and digital gadgets.
While India secured its entry into the final match by defeating New Zealand, the Australian cricket team defeated South Africa to enter the big final match. The final match is going to be played on Sunday, November 19.
Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel chaired a meeting in the State capital Gandhinagar to review the arrangements pertaining to the final match. He stressed for smooth traffic, increased public transport facilities, cleanliness, and security for dignitaries including union ministers, Chief Ministers of other states, and more.
A note by the government also informs that more than 4,500 jawans will be deployed for bandobast. Folk singer Aditya Gadhvi and musician Pritam will give a performance at the stadium before the start of the match and during the break.
While the Indian team arrived on Thursday, the Australian team is likely to arrive on Friday evening in the city.
In view of the final match and also the Chhath pooja festival, the city police are doing all preparations to make sure there are no traffic jams and the law and order situation inside and outside the stadium as well as VIP movements on the roads go smoothly. It’s worth noting that the Indian Air Force(IAF)’s Suryakiran team is going to demonstrate flypast above the stadium before the start of the final match. DeshGujarat
- Gujarat State Children's Science Congress to be held during 30th Nov. to 2nd Dec.
- Days of operation of two Vande Bharat Express trains to be changed
- IMD predicts two more days of unseasonal light rains in parts of Gujarat
- Akshay Kumar, Disha Patni attend closing ceremony of Kudo tournament in Surat
- Trades from Jamnagar and Dwarka need to visit Junagadh for GST biometric
- One nabbed for harassments and stalking of a minor Hindu girl
- PM Narendra Modi converses with laborers rescued from collapsed Uttarkashi tunnel