Rs. 9.5 crore Sudama setu project kicks off in DwarkaMay 05, 2011
Rs. 9.5 crore Sudama setu project kicks off in Dwarka
Dwarka, 5 May, 2011
Gujarat Tourism minister Shri Jaynarayan Vyas and Rajya Sabha MP Shri Parimal Nathwani today performed groundbreaking ceremony of Rs. 9.5 crore Sudama setu project at Dwarka.
Once ready, the proposed Sudama setu will connect Gomtighat and Panchkui island in Dwarka. Hanging bridge ‘Sudama setu’ will be constructed in 14-month period. It will be 127 meter long and 11 ft wide.
Panchkui is small island which is currently not accessible to tourists. Though te island is surrounded by sea in all directions, it possesses five sweet water wells. Panchkui’s history is associated with five Pandavas who visited this place in Mahabharata era. Each of the five sweet water well is associated with one Pandav.
As per the state tourism department’s plan, the island will have facilities for meditation and yoga, besides recreation and picnic spot. After ‘Sudama setu’, Panchkiu island will attract great number of tourists because the island provides a great view of the Arabian Sea.
Sharda peeth’s Narayan nandji, District Collector Shri Sandip kumar, Administrator Thakar, Chief officer Patel and other officials graced the occasion.
- Pulwama attack masterminded by Jaish, ISI: 15 corps commander LT Gen KJS Dhillon
- 'Pakistan will not think twice to retaliate back if India retaliates': Imran Khan
- Live: Gujarat budget 2019 ( vote on account )
- BJP - Shiv Sena announce alliance for upcoming Lok Sabha and Maharshtra assembly polls
- 2 more deaths due to swine flu in Gujarat, 94 new cases registered, total toll over 65
- Single helpline number 112 for all emergency services from tomorrow; effective in 7 districts of Gujarat in first phase