Hero MotoCorp Ltd(HMCL)’s next manufacturing plant in Gujarat:ReportSeptember 03, 2011
3 September, 2011
Mint report says that Hero MotoCorp Ltd (HMCL) (earlier Hero Honda) plans to set up its manufacturing facility in Gujarat as per a report by a Mumbai-based brokerage quoting the company’s chairman Brijmohan Lall Munjal.
“The Gujarat plant will mostly serve export markets. The company will start exporting two-wheelers to new markets from the next quarter. ” analysts Jinesh Gandhi and Mansi Varma wrote in the report quoting Munjal. HMCL is looking for financial and infrastructure incentives for the new plants.
“It (Hero) has identified Africa, South-East Asia and Latin America as key markets for exports, and expects to start exporting to some countries in Africa by 3QFY12 (third quarter of fiscal year 2012). It targets export volume contribution of 10% (of its total sales) over the next 5-6 years…,” the Motilal analysts wrote. “HMCL’s teams have visited these potential markets and are getting encouraging response from the local distributors.”
- Services offered by Charity Commissioner office to go online in Gujarat
- Varroc Engineering Limited: Initial Public Offer to open on June 26
- Thousands participate in State-level International Yoga Day function in Ahmedabad
- Gujarati singer/musician Ashit Desai to get prestitious Sangeet Natak Akademi Award
- Rupani inaugurates Centres of studies in SP University
- Ahmedabad based Shivalik Group and Hetu Construction forms joint venture firm S&H Constructions