Modi to hand over appointment letters to over 65000 youthsApril 07, 2012
Ahmedabad, 7 April, 2012
About 65,000 Youths who got job placement in about 525 ‘Swami Vivekananda Yuva Rojgar Mela’ organized across Gujarat by the state government will be given appointment letters by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi during the functions to be held during April 9 to April 13.
Senior minister Shri Vajubhai Vala announced this in a media meet in Ahmedabad.
He said maximum jobs have been offered in technical fields, followed by accountancy, clerical and others. According to Vala 667 big units, 1071 medium scale industries and 554 small scale units took parts in the process.
The minister said that the department had carried out the surveys in 184 GIDC estates and located one lakh vacancies. Later 1.26 lakh youths were identified through state employment exchanges and were called employment fairs. Their qualification was from SSC to BE and BTech. 10-12% of candidates were females. 52,000 were given regular appointments while 13,000 were selected for apprenticeship.
- Vadodara hit and run case accused released on bails within hours after surrender
- Parul University account clerk found dead; his letter reveals 'wrongdoings' of management
- Construction of new Narmada Maiya bridge in Bharuch 75% over
- ED seizes luxurious cars of Nirav Modi and his companies
- Udhna - Jalgaon double line project in final phase; Surat to benefit from it
- EPFO cuts interest rate on EPF to 8.55% from 8.65%