Narendra Modi inaugurates BAPS Yogiji Maharaj Hospital in Ahmedabad (photos)May 17, 2012
Ahmedabad, 17 May 2012
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a 100-bed modern BAPS Yogiji Maharaj Hospital at Shahibaug here this evening.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Modi remembered the contribution of seers and saints of India for their selfless services to the society. He remembered the role of Pramukhswami Maharaj Yogiji in de-addiction of 40-lakh people. He wished the Hospital would work for the society with the same spirit.
The Chief Minister said that the Swamiji has imbibed the essence of Ayurveda and passed on the knowledge to his disciples. If such service institutions join government efforts the state could do wonders, he said.
He said that it was because of the advancement in medical science that the average life expectancy of mankind has increased. He desired to spread the area of influence of the medical science. He said that nursing and medical colleges have been set up in every district.
Dr. V. P. Patel said the hospital was built with the inspiration of Pramukhswami Maharaj of the Bochasanvasi Akshar Purushottam Sanstha (BAPS). It has 100 doctors(15 in-house and 85 visiting doctors) and 250 para-medical staff. 1,25,000 sq ft complex also offers panchakarma and ayurved treatment services.
Prominent among those present on the occasion included Health Minister Jay Narayan Vyas, Purushottam D. Patel, Phoolchand and donors, MLA Bharat Barot.
Video of Narendra Modi’s speech
- Surat fire tragedy: Highlights of Govt. briefing on primary probe report
- Fire incident: AMC suspends BU permission of Apple Children hospital in Ahmedabad
- Police detain Hardik Patel in Surat
- Ahmedabad court asks Rahul Gandhi to appear in person on July 12
- Surat fire tragedy: Builders arrested, SMC official suspended, demolition and sealing drives continue
- Surat fire tragedy: Chief Secretary Dr. JN Singh brief media on actions taken so far