Narendra Modi announces state’s approval to Surat Metro train projectAugust 11, 2012
Surat, 11 August 2012
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today performed ground breaking for 17 development works worth Rs 1240 crore in Surat. Shri Modi dedicated five development works worth Rs 44 crore in same function.
Speaking in a function Shri Modi announced that state government has taken a decision to approve Metro train project for Surat.
It should be mentioned that Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) had sanctioned Rs 1 crore to conduct a feasibility study for its metro rail project early this year.
As per the SMC proposed rail link will be a part of an integrated rapid mass transport system along with Bus Rapid Transport System (BRTS) to cater to the future needs of the city. It is estimated that for a 100 km of metro rail in Surat city, about Rs 17,500 crore would have to be spent.
- Another success in land acquisition for bullet train project in Surat district
- Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal tie nuptial knot over Vedic chants and Hindu tradition in Mumbai
- Exhibition on Futuristic Technologies at Science City for Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Northerly winds making weather colder in Gujarat, Maximum temperatures at most places fall below 30°C
- President Ram Nath Kovind will visit ‘Statue of Unity’ on Dec 15
- Union Railway Minister to dedicate Nation’s First Railway University in Vadodara on 15th December