Narendra Modi announces 9 new talukas, a corporation, urban development body and moreOctober 02, 2012
Gandhinagar, 2 October 2012
Speaking at the youth convention in Gandhinagar today afternoon, Gujarat Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi made several important announcements, a list of which is presented here:
-A new Vapi taluka in Valsad district considering its industrial development.
-A new Gir Gadhda taluka from existing Una taluka in Junagadh district.
-A separate Netrang taluka in Bharuch district, considering tribal development.
-A new Bodeli taluka in new Chhota Udepur district.
-A new Khergam taluka in Navsari district’s Chikhli belt.
-A new Thangadh taluka from existing Chotila taluka in Surendranagar district.
-A new Jotana taluka in Mehsana district.
-A new Gojharia taluka in Gandhinagar district.
-Rs 300 crore sanitation scheme for poor people.
-A new skill development corporation in the state.
-A new Junagadh city taluka for better revenue administration.
-A separate urban development authority for Girnar-Bhavnath on the line of AUDA, GUDA for development of periphery area of Junagadh city.
Shri Modi said that all new talukas declared today will come to existence on 26 January next year.
- Moderate tremor in central South Gujarat, epicenter near Netrang in Bharuch, no damage reported
- Body of lion found in millet field in Gujarat
- Union Cabinet clears ordinance to award death penalty to child rapists
- Live: PM Modi addresses Civil Servants in Delhi
- Parimal Nathwani written 'Gir Lion : Pride of Gujarat' book launched in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat CM at Dholera SIR tomorrow to lay foundation stone for two projects