Narendra Modi announces 9 new talukas, a corporation, urban development body and moreOctober 02, 2012
Gandhinagar, 2 October 2012
Speaking at the youth convention in Gandhinagar today afternoon, Gujarat Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi made several important announcements, a list of which is presented here:
-A new Vapi taluka in Valsad district considering its industrial development.
-A new Gir Gadhda taluka from existing Una taluka in Junagadh district.
-A separate Netrang taluka in Bharuch district, considering tribal development.
-A new Bodeli taluka in new Chhota Udepur district.
-A new Khergam taluka in Navsari district’s Chikhli belt.
-A new Thangadh taluka from existing Chotila taluka in Surendranagar district.
-A new Jotana taluka in Mehsana district.
-A new Gojharia taluka in Gandhinagar district.
-Rs 300 crore sanitation scheme for poor people.
-A new skill development corporation in the state.
-A new Junagadh city taluka for better revenue administration.
-A separate urban development authority for Girnar-Bhavnath on the line of AUDA, GUDA for development of periphery area of Junagadh city.
Shri Modi said that all new talukas declared today will come to existence on 26 January next year.
- Vajpayee on life supporting system, condition worsens and critical, Modi reaches AIIMS
- Vadodara based bank fraud case accused Nitin Sandesara arrested in Dubai
- Good news for water-starved Gujarat, met issues heavy to very heavy rainfall warning from August 17
- Rupani to visit Ahmedabad Metro tunnel boring work on Thursday
- After a year, tail-end story of tallest hoisted tricolor in Gujarat
- Here are the announcements made by Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani in Independence Day speech