Modi opens two new BRTS routesDecember 25, 2012
Ahmedabad, 25 December 2012
Gujarat Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi today dedicated two new Bus Rapid Transit System(BRTS) routes in Amdavad. Shri Modi launched the routes through remote control on the stage at Kankaria lake front.
The new routes will connect existing RTO BRTS stand with Visat-Gandhinagar junction(4.5 km) and Sola cross roads with Sola bridge(Science City approach 3.5 km). Thus the total length of new routes is 8 km.
At present BRTS is functional on 52 km route with 128 buses in service inlcuding 21 AC buses. Everyday 119 buses are used as per the schedule. With the addition of two new routes, the total route is now 61 km long.
One bus would be available at every 6th minute on Maninagar to Visat Gandhinagar junction route. A new route of Delhi Darwaja-Sola bridge will be started. BRTS buses are available to public during 6.00 am to 11.00 pm.
There are total 80 BRTS stands functioning at present. With new 12 bus stations, the figure will touch 92.
At present 1,25,000 passengers use BRTS everyday, contributing Rs 9.50 lakh revenue per day.
- LRD paper leak case: More main conspirators nabbed from MP, Delhi
- 7 dead, more than 20 injured in two mishaps in Gujarat
- RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns from his post
- Gandhinagar coldest across Gujarat today with lowest of the season so far at 11°C, Ahmedabad at 11.8°C third in this regard, temperatures likely to go down after 2 days: Met Director
- Nita Ambani performs Madhurashtakam, entire Ambani family dance on 'Gujju' song, Salman Khan dances as background artist at Isha Ambani's pre-wedding celebration in Udaipur
- Jagdish Thakkar PRO of PM Modi who also served as PRO of various Gujarat CMs passes away