“Modi has a soul of a sanyasi who has dedicated his life in service of the nation”July 14, 2013
Pune, 14 July 2013
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today visited spiritual leader and educationist Sadhu Vaswani’s Mission at Pune in Maharashtra and met its present head Dada J.P. Vaswani on the occasion of the latter’s 95th birth anniversary.
Mr. Modi recollected his meeting with Dada Vaswani during the World Congress of Religion in America 23 years ago. He prayed to celebrate his birth centenary. He requested the Dada to spread the message of love, unity, moral values and character to build a new India. He exuded confidence that Indian saintly power of ‘Service before Self’ would one day definitely re-establish its importance in the world.
Contrary to the western culture of eat, drink and merry, he said that India imbibed the saying of tyen-taktyen-bhunjitha. Taking a cue from the preaching of Sadhu Vaswani, he said that Gujarat Government had undertaken a mission of healthcare of mute cattle, eradicating 113 animal diseases from the face of Gujarat, as well as launching a movement for girls’ education through Kanya Kelvani Andolan, achieving girls’ 100 per cent enrolment in schools.
The Chief Minister also took a round of the Museum depicting the life and times of Sadhu Vaswani (1879-1966), and then inaugurated Sadhu Vaswani College of Learning.
Reciprocating, Dada Vaswani said that Mr. Modi has a soul of a sanyasin, who has dedicated his life in the service of the nation.
- Holiday in schools in Banaskantha after heavy rain, water released from Sipu, flood alert in downstream villages
- List of trains to and from Kutch cancelled
- Two news coming from Gujarat Congress camp
- Farmers would get crop insurance dues before Janmashtami: Rupani
- Forest department rescues 3 Asiatic lions trapped between two flooded rivers in Gir
- Extremely heavy rain fall forecast for Dahod, Botad, Surendranagar on Monday