Encroachment at 13 ASI protected monument sites in GujaratMarch 19, 2015
New Delhi/Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat
Archaeological Survey of India(ASI) is facing problem of illegal occupation at its land surrounding historical sites at 278 places across India. 13 of such places are in Gujarat. They are listed below:
1. Malik Alam”s Mosque Ahmedabad,
2. Saiyed Usman Mosque Ahmedabad Usmanpura/Ahmedabad
3. Small Stone Mosque, Ahmedabad Paldi/Ahmedabad
4. Dariyakhan Tomb, Ahmedabad Back of Dudheshwar/Ahmedabad
5. Achyut Bibi’s Mosque, Ahmedabad Dudheshwar/Ahmedabad
6. Khawaja Dana Saheb Dargah Surat
7. Ancient Site Gohilwad Timbo Amreli District
8. Ruined Hindu temple & Jain Temples on the top of Hill Pavagadh/Godhra-Panchmahal
9. Nawab Sardar Khan Roza with its compound Wall Jamalpur/Ahmedabad
10. Mir Abu Turab Tomb, Ahmedabad Jamalpur/Ahmedabad
11. Ram Laxman Temple, Baradia Baradia/District Jamnagar
12. Shah Kupai Masjid, Ahmedabad Karian Khas Bazar/Ahmedabad
13. Caves at Talaja and |Jaina Temples Talaja, District Bhavnagar
This detail was shared by Minister of Culture Mahesh Sharma in reply to a question asked by Rajya Sabha MP Jaya Bachchan.
The Minister in his reply further stated: The encroachment in the premises of the protected monuments/area are removed as per the provisions contained in the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains 1958 (Amendment and Validation) Act, 2010 and Rules framed thereunder. The Superintending Archaeologist in charge of the Circles have also been vested with the powers of an Estate Officer to issue eviction notices/orders to the encroachers under Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants) Act, 1971. Assistance in containing and removing encroachments is also sought from the respective State Government/police force and where there are no fruitful results, actions are initiated against the encroachers by filing cases in the court of law. Regular watch and ward staff, private security personnel, State police guards and CISF have also been provided for the safety and security of selected monuments.
© Copyright DeshGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies