Ahmedabad’s biggest lawn is ready at Sabarmati River Front (Photos)June 12, 2015
Ahmedabad has got perhaps its largest green lawn area. It has been developed at reclaimed land on Sabarmati River Front next to Sardar bridge, just behind the Tagore hall on western side of river bank.
The lawn is 40,000 square metres in size and it can host over 50,000 guests at a single go. The total area of event ground is 60,000 square meters in size. The stage has been constructed as a fixed structure. It can accommodate over 100 people. It is connected to a ground floor + basement building which also has a multipurpose hall, three AC rooms, store room, pantry and other facilities. This building has stage and huge long stretch of lawn on the front side, while a small square loan next on other side.
Though final details are not out, it is learnt that the event ground will be available(rates per 5,000 sq/m) for Rs 60,000 for commercial purpose, Rs 30,000 for spiritual purpose, Rs 15,000 for government purpose, Rs 45,000 for exhibition purpose and Rs 40,000 for marriage and social purpose.
However the lawn will be available in parts for smaller events, as the entire space is very big.
The lawn is located on upper promenade from where one can enjoy the view of the river. This portion will be exclusively available to those attending the event.
The lawn is maintained through automatic sprinkler system which has been laid underground. Underground tunnel for cable laying, location of river bridge on one side, ample parking, location of proposed flower garden on the other side, availability of around 1,000 capacity Tagore hall auditorium at across the road are other features associated with this event ground which is to be opened by Chief Minister on Saturday.
- Surat based couple gets appreciation from PM for a unique wedding card
- PM Modi has become fearful of Mahagathbandhan: Ahmed Patel in Gujarat
- VP Venkaiah Naidu donates a month salary of Rs. 5 lakh to Sardar Patel Memorial Trust in Gujarat
- Dy CM Nitin Patel presents report card of 3-day long Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- A day after asking them "How's the Josh," Modi responds to Bollywood bigwigs on Twitter
- Swedish Companies in Gujarat can create manifold more direct jobs if certain policy measures were taken: Consul General Ulrika Sundberg