Behind the scene plot is to destabilise government: RupalaAugust 15, 2015
BJP national vice president Purushottam Rupala today claimed that even though the ongoing pro-reservation agitation of the Patel community in Gujarat was democratic and he didn’t doubt the intention of those running the agitation, yet there was surely a ‘conspiracy’ behind the scene to ‘destabilise’ the state government.
Talking to newspersons at Koba in Gandhinagar on the sidelines of flag hoisting function of Gujarat BJP, Shri Rupala said, ‘There are other pro-reservation movements also but no body is talking about them, but the agitation by Patels is being so highlighted. There is conspiracy behind it with the intention to destabilise the state government. I don’t doubt the motive of those in this agitation because they all are ultimately Gujaratis. But they can’t see that the peace in the state is being desturbed. They are not the enemies of the state, but there are other elements behind the scene who are trying to take mileage from the situation.’
He, however, did not say as to who where these ‘behind the scene’ people.
The BJP national vice president claimed that the agitation would soon find an amicable end.
Meanwhile, Gujarat minister of state for home affaris, Mr. Rajni Patel, also a member of the seven ministers committee formed recently to talk to the agitating groups, also claimed that the issue would be resolved amicably soon.
Talking to new persons in Surat today, Mr. Patel said,’ the committee headed by health minister Nitin Patel has started the process for talks. Tthe matter would be amicably settled.’
The politically strong Patel community under the aegis of Patidar Anamat Aandolan is organising rallies all over state since last month demanding their inclusion in the other backward category (OBC) for reservation benefits. Brahmins, Thakors, Raghuvansis and some other castes have also demanded reservation for their respective communities on various grounds.
- Live: Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019 inaugural session from Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar
- Foreign president, Prime Ministers arrive in Gujarat for Vibrant Gujarat Summit
- Mukesh Ambani led RIL becomes first Indian private company to post Rs 10,000 crore quarterly profit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi opens 12-day Amdavad Shopping Festival
- ACB nabs Joint General Manager of Surat Airport taking bribe from contractor
- Mansukh Mandaviya undertakes PadYatra on 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi