RIL bags Platts Global CSR AwardDecember 11, 2015
RIL BAGS PLATTS GLOBAL CSR AWARD
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has won the Platts Global Energy Award in the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) category.
The 17th Platts Global Energy Awards 2015 were held at Cipriani (Wall Street) in New York City late Wednesday.
The awards are often described as the ‘Academy Awards’ of the energy sector.
There were 12 finalists in the CSR category.
The Platts CSR award recognizes the organisation that best demonstrates leadership, commitment to action and real-world impacts from across its business.
The award illuminates the ever important convergence of profitability and company values.Platts adjudicators have stated that CSR is not an obligation, but “a voluntary commitment which greatly motivates employee morale, is of fundamental interest to customers, investors and other key stakeholders and is a key determinant of a company’s character.”
As a corporate aware of its social responsibilities, Reliance Foundation, led by Chairperson Mrs. Nita Ambani, has touched the lives of more than four million people across India, in more than 5,500 villages and urban locations.
- 3500 cu sec water released from Karjan and Sardar Sarovar to give life to river Narmada
- All BJP MLAs from Vadodara and local MP skip President's function at MSU
- Gujarati Lieutenant General to led 69th Republic Day parade in Delhi
- 176 of total 182 newly elected MLAs take oath as member of Gujarat Assembly
- Live: PM Narendra Modi addressing WEF Plenary Session at Davos, Switzerland
- IT raids at premises linked to Happy Home Construction Group in Surat