Smriti Irani visits Somnath Mandir in GujaratApril 03, 2016
Union Minister for Human Resource Development(HRD) and Rajya Sabha MP elected from Gujarat Smt Smriti Irani today paid visit to Shri Somnath Mandir. She was accompanied by her husband Zubin Irani.
She was welcomed by district collector Dr. Ajay Kumar and district police chief Shri A.M Munia along with Somnath Trust’s Executive Officer, Somnath Sanskrit University’s Vice Chancellor Arknath Chaudhary among others.
The minister performed abhishek and maha puja at Somnath Mandir.
In brief talk to media persons outside the mandir she said, devotees come to Mahadev’s durbar to seek blessings. Bholenath has given her so much without even demanding.
She said she prayed for Somnathji’s blessings for children, students and those who are passing through struggle in life.
The Minister was welcomed with shawl, Somnath photograph as memento.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies