Prohibitory orders under section 144 in Mahesana till April 18April 04, 2016
The district administration in Mahesana today issued prohibitory orders under section 144 effective from today till April 18.
SP Mahesana Chaitanya Mandlik said that the order was issued by the ADM Ramesh Merja in the wake of the proposed jail bharo campaign by Patidar reservation stir supporters.
As per the prohibitory orders there would be restriction on gathering of more than four people.Those breaking the restriction would be liable to punishment as per law.
Sardar Patel Group, a Patidar reservation stir supporter outfit, has announced to start a jail bharo campaign from April 17 from Mahesana in support of its various demands including the withdrawal of agitation related cases and immediate release of their jailed leaders.
- US-Iran situation one of difficult international issues India was dealing with, will take stand on the basis of national interest: MEA Jaishankar
- Reliance Jio crosses milestone of 2 crore subscribers in Gujarat
- Congress fields Gaurav Pandya and Chandrikaben as its candidate for Gujarat Rajya Sabha bye-poll
- South West Monsoon finally arrives in Gujarat, widespread rains expected in two days
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Jugal Thakor file nomination as BJP candidates on two Rajya Sabha seats of Gujarat for bye-poll
- S.Jaishankar, Jugal Thakor BJP candidates for Rajya Sabha by-polls in Gujarat