TMC MP raises Augusta Westland issue, Congress MPs stall the houseMay 02, 2016
In reference to Augusta Westland scam, Trinamool Congress MP Sukhendu Shekhar Roy today stood up in Rajya Sabha and said, “Defence minister has to give a statement that who took bribe? Who is Gandhi, who is AP, who is Shashikant(in Augusta Westland case documents). Government will have to reveal these identities. Defense Minister will need to reveal it.”
As soon as Sukhendu Shekhar completed his speech, a group of Congress MPs stood up and rushed to well shouting slogans seeking discussion on GSPC issue.
BJP MP Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi alleged that this was Congress party’s diversionary tactic to suppress the Augusta Westland issue.
The house had to be adjourned soon.
- Narendra Modi led government defeats no-trust motion comfortably in Lok Sabha with 325 vs 126 votes
- The city of Ahmedabad receives good rain finally
- 'RFP for 1000 MW first phase of Dholera Solar Park project to be out in a month period'
- Live: Discussion on no confidence motion in Lok Sabha
- Studies over, area identified, RFP likely next month for India's first off shore wind power plant off Pipavav coast of Gujarat
- In fresh rejig, three IAS in Gujarat get second transfer order in a week