Narendra Modi arrives at Ahmedabad airport, moves to SarangpurAugust 15, 2016
Ahmedabad: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today morning reached Sardar Patel airport in Ahmedabad in Air Force plane. He was received by Governor O.P.Kohli, IAS Kailashnathan, Mukim among others at airport. He moved to Sarangpur in helicopter to pay last respect to Shri Pramukh Swami Maharaj who passed away on August 13 at 6.00 pm at the age of 95 due to chest infection and critical heart situation.
Chief Minister Mr. Vijay Rupani has already arrived Sarangpur in the wake of the prime minister’s visit. He said that Mr Modi is coming to Sarangpur soon after unfurling the tricolor on the red fort and his address to pay his lwill spend around one hour in Sarangpur and later return to New Delhi.
Mr. Modi is also likely to address a congregation of saints.
8 SRP companies, 4 Quick Response Teams, 8 IPS, 13 DYSPs, 3 Chetak Commando teams, 4 bomb disposal teams, 6 IG and DIG level officers are moved to Sarangpur ahead of Prime Minister’s visit.
Modi had earlier described Pramukh Swami as his mentor. When Modi was Chief Minister of Gujarat, Narendra Modi would go to seek blessings of Pramukh Swami before taking oath.
Pramukh Swami’s last rites will take place at 3.00 pm on August 17.
- Industry Commissioner to hold meeting in Surat for proposed Pinjrat Mega Textile Park
- Bavalia participates in community meet, Chotila MLA, ex-MLA also present
- Six including PI booked in another Bitcoin fraud case in Gujarat
- Chintan Shivir of Gujarat BJP to prepare the road-map for Loksabha polls begins, Amit Shah to participate tomorrow
- Monsoon advances further in Gujarat, IMD intensifies warning, NDRF teams also alerted
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's today's Mann Ki Baat address in full text