Narendra Modi arrives at Ahmedabad airport, moves to SarangpurAugust 15, 2016
Ahmedabad: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today morning reached Sardar Patel airport in Ahmedabad in Air Force plane. He was received by Governor O.P.Kohli, IAS Kailashnathan, Mukim among others at airport. He moved to Sarangpur in helicopter to pay last respect to Shri Pramukh Swami Maharaj who passed away on August 13 at 6.00 pm at the age of 95 due to chest infection and critical heart situation.
Chief Minister Mr. Vijay Rupani has already arrived Sarangpur in the wake of the prime minister’s visit. He said that Mr Modi is coming to Sarangpur soon after unfurling the tricolor on the red fort and his address to pay his lwill spend around one hour in Sarangpur and later return to New Delhi.
Mr. Modi is also likely to address a congregation of saints.
8 SRP companies, 4 Quick Response Teams, 8 IPS, 13 DYSPs, 3 Chetak Commando teams, 4 bomb disposal teams, 6 IG and DIG level officers are moved to Sarangpur ahead of Prime Minister’s visit.
Modi had earlier described Pramukh Swami as his mentor. When Modi was Chief Minister of Gujarat, Narendra Modi would go to seek blessings of Pramukh Swami before taking oath.
Pramukh Swami’s last rites will take place at 3.00 pm on August 17.
- Charas worth Rs 20 lakh seized, 2 nabbed in old Ahmedabad city
- Congress spreading lies about Bullet train funding, the party would be wiped out in 2019 LS polls:Vaghani
- One more lioness die in Dalkhaniya range of Gir forests, lion deaths figure rises to 14
- Reports of Japan stopping funds for bullet train far from truth: NHSRCL
- Supported by Pakistan ministers Rahul speaking language of those who have no good intentions for India: Smriti in Gujarat
- 26 lakh visited Ambaji during Bhadarvi Punam fair, 1 kg gold received in donation on last day