Life and works of Nazir Dekhaiya, a gem in the realm of Gujarati ShayariOctober 24, 2016
Ahmedabad: Presented below is an essay on life and works of late Gujarati poet Nazir Dekhaiya.
Nazir Dekhaiya, the gem in the realm of Gujarati Shayari needs no introduction. His life is a message that he has conveyed to the world.
In his own words,
“Kashu kehvane aavyo chu, hoon kargarva nathi aavyo, Bijani jem aa jeevan anusarva nathi aavyo.”
(I have come to tell something significant, I haven’t come here to just blabber randomly. Like others I am not here to imitate any other’s life).
His poetry (shayris/gazhals) is often quoted and sung popularly by Morari Bapu during Ram Katha, Narayan Swamy, Pranlal Vyas, Manu Patel Mastana, and Manhar Udhas with great fervor. This biography is a tribute to him and his timeless creations, a rich gift bestowed by him upon us.
This biography penned by his grand daughter, Sameera Dekhaiya Patrawala and grand son Firdaus Dekhaiya, reflects upon his life experiences which he has dexterously rendered into exemplary poetry (shayris/gazhals). He has finely woven the good and not-so-good incidences of his life in gazhals and shyaris. The book gives a glimpse into his strong bondage with family and friends, his schooling and background, his generous and benevolent nature, his relationship with outer and inner world and above all his rendezvous with God – Krishna Jani
The Biography of Nazir Dekhaiya by Sameera Patrawala and Firdaus Dekhaiya
- Surat fire tragedy: Highlights of Govt. briefing on primary probe report
- Fire incident: AMC suspends BU permission of Apple Children hospital in Ahmedabad
- Police detain Hardik Patel in Surat
- Ahmedabad court asks Rahul Gandhi to appear in person on July 12
- Surat fire tragedy: Builders arrested, SMC official suspended, demolition and sealing drives continue
- Surat fire tragedy: Chief Secretary Dr. JN Singh brief media on actions taken so far