Gujarati NRI teacher in US suspended over video showing water gun ‘assassination’ of TrumpJanuary 30, 2017
Dallas, Texas: A Texas teacher is in hot water after a video taken inside her classroom spread online.
In the video, officials say Payal Modi is shown pointing a water gun at an image of President Trump on the whiteboard and yelling “die.”
Modi, who is an art teacher at Adamson High School, was placed on administrative leave following the video.
“Today, we were made aware of a social media posting being circulated involving a teacher at W.H. Adamson High School,” the Dallas Independent School District said in a statement. “The teacher has been placed on administrative leave and the district has opened an investigation.”
Students who spoke with KTVT say they knew Modi was joking.
“Trump came out, and she shot at him, but like it was just a water gun. It’s no big deal,” Leslie Jaimes said.
However, officials say threatening the president is no laughing matter.
- Sulking Congress leader Bavaliya meets Rahul in Delhi, says no plans to quit congress 'as of now'
- Seychelles president Danny Faure arrives Gujarat, will participate in various events
- Rahul Gandhi's allegations pertaining to ADC Bank of Gujarat debunked
- Chief Minister Rupani to make announcements for farmers
- PM Modi to dedicate Rs 4000 crore development projects in Madhya Pradesh tomorrow
- PM to inaugurate the third AIIB annual meeting 2018 in Mumbai