Congress MLA’s suspended from Gujarat assembly for the day amid chaos over Justice M B Shah commission reportMarch 23, 2017
Gandhinagar: All the members of main opposition Congress were today suspended from Gujarat Assembly for the day after pandemonium in the house on the issue of alleged delay in putting the Justice M B Shah Commission in the assembly.
The commission was constituted during the then Chief Minister Narendra Modi for inquiry in to certain cases of alleged corruption.
Congress MLA’s started shouting slogans soon after the start of question hour on the issue alleging that the government was afraid of putting the report before the house. Amid uproar the proceedings of the house was adjourned for an hour by the speaker.
Later when the house assembled again leader of opposition Shankersinh Vaghela raised the issue again saying why the report of the commission has not yet been made public.It led to uproar in the house with Congress and ruling BJP members shouting full pitch at each other. Despite several requests from the speaker and that from the tribal development minister Ganpat Vasava, when the Congress MLAs did not budge and continued their slogan shouting, they were suspended for the day.
Later talking to newsmen Vaghela questioned the intention of the state government behind delaying the tabling of the report of the commission. ‘If the government is not afraid of anything, why it was delaying the tabling of the report in the house. The government talks of transparency and corruption free government, but it has not tabled even the interim report in the house which was put before the cabinet way back on November 6, 2013. Four years have passed since then,’ he said.
- IRSDC Statement on Surat Multi Model Transport Hub project
- 22 foreigner ladies nabbed from various spas in Rajkot and Valsad in Gujarat
- Vinay Shah scam: cash and items worth over Rs 50 lakh seized by CID-crime
- Rupani in Delhi highlights ‘VGGIS – 2019’ before industry captains and business tycoons
- Hardik demands for survey of Patidar community in Gujarat on the lines of the one regarding Marathas in neighbouring Maharashtra
- Scrapped notes of Rs 1000/500 of face value of over 69 lakhs recovered in South Gujarat, 2 arrested