Heritage festival to be celebrated in Ahmedabad during 1-15 AugustJuly 10, 2017
Ahmedabad:The Gujarat government will organise heritage festival between August 1-15 to celebrate the declaration of Ahmedabad as World Heritage City by UNESCO.
Chief Minister Vijay Rupani announced this after holding a meeting with officials of the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation and senior government officials here, an official release said today.
As part of the programme, heritage walks will be organised in the walled city of Ahmedabad with the chief minister appealing to people cutting across religious, caste, and class lines to participate, it said.
The celebration will also see organisation of seminars where heritage experts will share their views, the release said, adding that painting, debate and poster making competitions will also be organised in schools and colleges.
Heritage buildings and archaeological sites around Ahmedabad will be decorated with lights and laser shows, and cultural programmes will be held, it said.
The UNESCO had on Saturday announced that it had inscribed as UNESCO world heritage site the historic city of Ahmedabad.
- 7 including Hardik, Bambhaniya, Mangukiya booked for Mansa meeting without permission
- Padmavati not to release in Gujarat till controversy ends: Rupani
- Congress - Hardik Patel club is one of mutual deception: Arun Jaitley
- Give reservation to economically backward separately in all States: Ashok Gehlot
- Novel protest by Surat BJP MLA against classist and anti-poor remark on PM by Congress
- Hardik did not contact me or any other SPG leader on Congress' quota formula: SPG president Lalji Patel