South Gujarat water logged due to continuous heavy rain, Surat – Mumbai rail traffic disrupted for two hoursJuly 18, 2017
Valsad: District headquarters Valsad, Navsari and other parts of South Gujarat are water logged due to continuous overnight heavy rain which has halted early in the morning.
Rail traffic on Surat – Mumbai railway line was stopped between 3.00 – 5.00 am as railway track at Valsad railway station was water logged. Rail movement resumed at 4.45 am on up line and at 5.00 am on down line.
Some trains were regulated at various stations while some were late and some other were canceled in the meantime.
Water logging inside the low lying area houses has been reported in various towns including Valsad, Navsari and Bilimora.
NDRF teams are kept on alert mode for eventual rescue work if needed.
Due to continuous heavy rain during the night, water was flowing above the Vanki river bridge on Atul road following which the road was declared closed for now for safety purpose.
Collector of Valsad said the situation would be normal in two-three hours as rain had stopped.
- Consul General of Singapore calls on Gujarat Chief Minister
- Gujarat Chief Secretary visits Sardar Sarovar dam again, says no worry for drinking water supply
- Reliance Industries Limited to acquire stake in Eros International PLC
- GUJCET 2018 to be conducted on April 23
- Aga Khan to visit Gujarat
- Reliance Jio among world’s 50 Most Innovative Companies (MIC) for 2018