When two invalidated votes will be counted, result of RS poll will surely change: RupaniAugust 09, 2017
Gandhinagar: ‘Let’s win 150 assembly seats in upcoming general elections in Gujarat, so that Congress may not even think to field its candidate in Rajya Sabha polls’, BJP president Amit Shah said today in a function at the state BJP headquarters to felicitate him and Smriti Irani – two newly elected Rajya Sabha members from Gujarat.
Speaking in a same function, Chief Minister Vijay Rupani in reference to Rajya Sabha election results said, ‘yesterday, Congress has lost its 15 MLAs in attempt to win one seat of Rajya Sabha. This situation of Congress party is like Gujarati proverb, ‘haveli leta Gujarat khoyu’. This victory is like ‘mithu'(salt) instead of ‘mithai'(sweet) for Ahmed Patel(who won the election).
Rupani further said,’BJP candidate Balwantsinh is going to fight legal battle. When two invalidated votes will be counted, the result of Rajya Sabha election is surely going to change.’
Rupani said Congress has been able to save itself due to election commission order.
- Work on Vadodara-Mumbai expressway to start in a month, travel time to reduce by 2.5 - 3 hours: Gadkari
- BJP plans two yatras; PM to attend a grand concluding function Gujarat Gaurav Sammelan on October 16
- BJP heading towards another 'very good' victory in Gujarat: Arun Jaitley
- Shankersinh Vaghla extends support to Jan Vikalp front formed by his supporters
- Jaitley, Nirmala in Ahmedabad, Gadkari in Vadodara
- AMC suspends seven engineers over poor roads