ABVP, NSUI youths protest Christian school’s alleged order against RakhiAugust 11, 2017
Rajkot: Workers of RSS students wing Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad(ABVP) and Congress students wing National Students Union of India(NSUI) rushed to Christian Missionary run Saint Mary’s school in Rajkot and protested school’s alleged order banning Rakhi on wrists.
It was reported in local newspapers that the students of this school were told by teachers that they should remove Rakhi tied on their hand post Hindu festival Raksha Bandhan. The students were reportedly told by the school that if they don’t remove Rakhi they would get punishment.
Cadres of ABVP and NSUI complaint cell took control of Father Jonishan’s office and started singing Ram dhoon. As the father complained chest pain, he was taken to Christ hospital in ambulance.
- Chief Minister lays stone of Gujarat Sports University headquarters on 130-acre near Vadodara
- ACB Gujarat nabs State GST staffer, CA for taking bribe from shop owner
- S. Murali Krishna appointed new Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat
- Water supply and filling of Tappar dam re-started slowly even as repair work of broken flooring of feeder canal also in progress
- Centre approves additional grant of Rs 1131 crore for Narmada project, Gujarat govt thanks the PM
- Kesar mango makes first presence of the season in Marketing yard