Gujarat among top 3 States that attract FDI; Japan largest contributor in last two yearsSeptember 04, 2017
Gandhinagar: According to official data, Gujarat attracted Foreign Direct Investment(FDI) worth $ 3.36 billion in financial year 2016-17 which was 50% higher than 2015-16( $ 2.24 billion) and almost 4 times higher than 2013-14 when FDI inflows in Gujarat stood at $860 million. Gujarat has overtaken Karnataka and Tamil Nadu in last two years when it comes to FDI. Gujarat is now among the top three states in India in terms of attracting FDI. Automobile is the sector which received largest share of FDI. Suzuki has invested Rs 3,000 crore in its car plant in Mehsana while Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India invested Rs 1,100 crore for its world’s largest scooter only manufacturing plant at Vithlapur. Taiwan’s Maxxis invested Rs 2600 crore for a tyre manufacturing plant. Japan has been the largest contributor to FDI in Gujarat in the past couple of years which is pegged at $ 1 billion so far and it is expected to tripe to $ 3 billion by 2020. Otsuka Pharma, Kansai Nerolac and Toyoda Gosei Minda are some of other major investors in Gujarat.
- Looking at the previous exit polls about Gujarat
- Supreme Court rejects Teesta Setalvad, husband's plea against de-freezing accounts
- Get HSRP fitted in vehicles by Jan. 15 or face fine upto Rs 500 when caught
- Leopard reportedly injures 2 in North Gujarat village, crowd attack police
- Atmospheric temperatures take a dip, 3 places record single digit temp, Naliya coldest at 8.4 °C
- Congress claims it will win 124 seats in Gujarat polls; deploys cadre outside strong rooms