Gujarat CM lays stone of SAUNI Link-4 Package-6 at Visavadar costing Rs.700 croreSeptember 08, 2017
Junagadh: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today performed ground breaking ceremony of Saurashtra Narmada Avataran Irrigation (SAUNI) Yojna Link-4 Package-6 costing Rs.700-crore near Visavadar in the Junagadh district to fill up nine dams with the Narmada waters.
Speaking on the occasion, he said that SAUNI project to fill up 115 dams with Narmada waters would serve as a boon to the Saurashtra region, enabling farmers to take three crops a year, thanks to the ‘politics of development’.
He said the work could start on raising the SSP dam’s height within 17 days of the Prime Minister coming to power, withheld owning to the previous government at the Centre sitting over it for preceding seven years.
Mr. Rupani listed the welfare schemes launched by his government for the have-nots during the last one year, including buying crops at minimum support price, carrying out resurvey of crops damaged to ensure farmers get compensation under crop insurance and 75 per cent subsidy for drip irrigation.
Minister of State for Irrigation Nanubhai Vanani, Member of Parliament Rajeshbhai Chudasma and Irrigation Department Secretary M.K. Jadav also spoke on the occasion.
Those present on the occasion include Mahant Mu8ktanandji, Sattadhar Laghumahant Vijaybapu, Amreli MP Naranbhai Kachhadiya, MLA Mahendrabhai Mashru, arvindbhai Ladani, BJP district head Kiritbhai Patel, Parliamentary Secretary Jethabhai Solanki, Collector Rahul Gupta and DDO Ajay Prakash.
- Moderate tremor in central South Gujarat, epicenter near Netrang in Bharuch, no damage reported
- Body of lion found in millet field in Gujarat
- Union Cabinet clears ordinance to award death penalty to child rapists
- Live: PM Modi addresses Civil Servants in Delhi
- Parimal Nathwani written 'Gir Lion : Pride of Gujarat' book launched in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat CM at Dholera SIR tomorrow to lay foundation stone for two projects