Abe departs for Tokyo after two day India (Gujarat) visit, PM Modi also leaves for DelhiSeptember 14, 2017
Ahmedabad: Japanese PM Shinzo Abe departed for Tokyo after his two day India (Gujarat) visit tonight.
PM Narendra Modi who had also arrived here a little earlier than Abe yesterday afternoon and welcomed him at the SVBPI airport breaking the protocol and accompanied him in most of the events, also left for new Delhi tonight.
Governor O P Kohli, CM Vijay Rupani, Deputy CM Nitin Patel saw both the leaders off tonight at the airport.
During the very successful visit from the point of view of India the joint statement of the two PMs after the two day 12 th India Japan Annual Summit at Mahtma Mandir in Gandhinagar, had a mention of various Pakistan supported terror outfits and a call to the neighbouring country to act against the perpetrators of various terror attacks in India including Mumbai 26/11 and Pathankot Air Force Base attack.
PM Abe his wife Akie Abe and PM Modi had participated in an 8 km long grand road show in an open jeep clad in India attire from the airport to Sabarmati Ashram here which overwhelmed Abe couple so much so that he has pledged to remain a life-long friend of India. They had spent some time in the historic Ashram.
PM Modi had taken the Abe couple to the 16 th century mosque Sidi Syaed ni Jali here last evening. He had also given a lavish dinner to Abe on the roof of the nearby Agashiye hotel.
Today the two PMs did the ground breaking for Mumbai Ahmedabad high speed rail project commonly known as bullet train. They also participated in the summit and in a one to one talk also. 15 MoUs were singed during the summit. They had earlier also visited a museum of Gandhi ji in Dandi Kutir in Gandhinagar.
In the evening today the two PMs participated in an official dinner hosted by CM Vijay Rupani at the Science City here before leaving Gujarat. A large delegation had also accompanied Abe during the two day visit in which the chairman of Suzuki Motor Corporation Osamu Suzuki was also present.
Wife of PM Abe, Akie Abe also participated in various events here today including the ones in blind people association, AMA and Gujarat University.
- Charas worth Rs 20 lakh seized, 2 nabbed in old Ahmedabad city
- Congress spreading lies about Bullet train funding, the party would be wiped out in 2019 LS polls:Vaghani
- One more lioness die in Dalkhaniya range of Gir forests, lion deaths figure rises to 14
- Reports of Japan stopping funds for bullet train far from truth: NHSRCL
- Supported by Pakistan ministers Rahul speaking language of those who have no good intentions for India: Smriti in Gujarat
- 26 lakh visited Ambaji during Bhadarvi Punam fair, 1 kg gold received in donation on last day