PM Modi takes out time from hectic schedule to meet grieving former CM Keshubhai PatelSeptember 14, 2017
Gandhinagar: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today took out time from his hectic schedule to meet Former Gujarat CM Keshubhai Patel, who had recently lost his son, at his residence here.
PM Modi met Patel and expressed his deep condolences on the demise of his son Pravin Patel who died of a heart attack on September 8 in Dallas of US where he used to live.
Modi had earlier talked to Keshubhai over telephone on September 9 after learning about the incident.
Around 60 year old Pravinbhai was, second among six children (5 son and a daughter) of Keshubhai.
The last rites of Pravinbhai was done in Dallas and owing to poor health already ailing Keshubhai could not go there. Notably, Notably, wife of Keshubhai had died in a fire incident in 2006.
PM Modi who arrived on a two day Gujarat visit a little while before the arrival of his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe yesterday has a very hectic schedule. He made a night stay at Rajbhavan after participating in several events yesterday. After meeting Keshubhai, he left for Ahmedabad where in the Athletics stadium near Sabarmati railway station, he did ground breaking for bullet train project with Abe.
- Gujarat BJP holds meeting, Instructs polling agents for counting day
- Re-polling on Sunday in 6 booths of Gujarat
- After entry in Gujarat from Dwarka, Cygnett Hotels to set up 6 more hotels in the state in 2 years
- 2 dead, 5 injured in fire in a building in village near capital Gandhinagar in Gujarat
- 3 booked for disrupting polling in Gujarat on 2nd phase election day
- Over 25 lakh additional voters cast votes in Gujarat compared to previous election