PM Modi takes out time from hectic schedule to meet grieving former CM Keshubhai PatelSeptember 14, 2017
Gandhinagar: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today took out time from his hectic schedule to meet Former Gujarat CM Keshubhai Patel, who had recently lost his son, at his residence here.
PM Modi met Patel and expressed his deep condolences on the demise of his son Pravin Patel who died of a heart attack on September 8 in Dallas of US where he used to live.
Modi had earlier talked to Keshubhai over telephone on September 9 after learning about the incident.
Around 60 year old Pravinbhai was, second among six children (5 son and a daughter) of Keshubhai.
The last rites of Pravinbhai was done in Dallas and owing to poor health already ailing Keshubhai could not go there. Notably, Notably, wife of Keshubhai had died in a fire incident in 2006.
PM Modi who arrived on a two day Gujarat visit a little while before the arrival of his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe yesterday has a very hectic schedule. He made a night stay at Rajbhavan after participating in several events yesterday. After meeting Keshubhai, he left for Ahmedabad where in the Athletics stadium near Sabarmati railway station, he did ground breaking for bullet train project with Abe.
- BSF nabs a big Pakistani fishing boat in creek area adjoining Kutch district of Gujarat
- 10,538 vehicles carrying liquor seized in Gujarat in two years: MoS Home
- Scrutiny committee again invalidates caste certificate of Morva Hadaf MLA, Khant says, will move court
- Finance minister makes important announcements on Maa Vatsalya Yojana
- Gujarat Chief Minister reacts to State budget 2018-19
- Rs 106.32 crore liquor excise, transportation and special fee hike proposed in Gujarat budget 2018