PM spends evening at Akshardham GandhinagarNovember 02, 2017
Gandhinagar: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be on about 3-hour long visit to Gujarat today evening. He will spend today’s evening at Akshardham monument of Swaminarayan sect in capital Gandhinagar to celebrate its 25th anniversary.
To commemorate the occasion of the 25th Anniversary of Swaminarayan Akshardham in Gandhinagar, BAPS has created the ‘Akshardham Sanatanam Show: An Immersive Experience’.
This 15-minute show was ritually inaugurated by senior BAPS sant Pujya Ishwarcharan Swami on 17 October.
The Prime Minister will watch this show today evening. BAPS religious head Mahant Swami will also attend the function.
Using video mapping projection onto the grand pinkstone main mandir and screens the show depicts the 25-year history of Akshardham, its impact, contributions and message.
The show has been created in three months by 30 BAPS volunteers and sadhus. It uses 12 video projectors, 600 lights, soundscape and pyrotechnics. It features creative choreography of Akshardham mandir’s architecture with graphics, animations, video mapping and other advanced effects to provide a breathtaking experience.
The Akshardham complex is closed for public since 30 October, ahead of Prime Minister’s visit.
Akshardham was the vision of Yogiji Maharaj, the guru of Pramukh Swami Maharaj. Fulfilling this vision, Pramukh Swami Maharaj inaugurated Akshardham on 2 November 1992. Hence, 2 November 2017 marks the 25th anniversary of its opening.
- Gujarat BJP to mark Modi government's four years in Centre through reach out campaign
- Meeting of former MLAs of Vaghela camp including incumbent BJP MLA C K Raulji held
- Over a dozen injured in clash over digging out soil from pond under Sujalam Sufalam scheme
- Ahmedabad - Mumbai Duronto Express to be extended to Surendranagar and Rajkot from 27th May
- Gujarat board to declare Class 12 general stream exam results on May 31
- Chief Minister offers shramdan at yet another Jal Sanchay Yojna work site