Actress Vidya Balan spends a day at Kutch Rann UtsavNovember 06, 2017
Bhuj: Hindi movie actress Vidya Balan spent a day in Kutch to promote her upcoming film Tumhari Sulu. Vidya participated in Rann Utsav tourism festival which is being organized by Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Ltd. She appeared on the stage in Rann Utsav and also visited border post of Border Security Post in Rann of Kutch. Vidya after her visit to border said,’I am from Mumbai where I see big buildings and too many people around, but BSF post was the place where I couldn’t find anyone else barring BSF jawans. As per the rule, I had to surrender my cell phone before visiting the border. This was the reason why I couldn’t take photo of my border post visit.’
Vidya admired the arrangements of Rann Utsav. She especially admired the handmade decoration at Rann Utsav site. She said she was advised to visit the Rann Utsav site on full moon day and she luckily could.
Kutch Rann Utsav is annual tourism festival organized by Gujarat Tourism. It was initiated by then Chief Minister of Gujarat Shri Narendra Modi. A tent city is erected next to white Rann of Kutch bordering Pakistan. Daily tours to various tourism attractions of Kutch proceed from tent city. Tourist stay in luxury tents of tent city. Music and dance events take place in white Rann of Kutch.
- IRSDC Statement on Surat Multi Model Transport Hub project
- 22 foreigner ladies nabbed from various spas in Rajkot and Valsad in Gujarat
- Vinay Shah scam: cash and items worth over Rs 50 lakh seized by CID-crime
- Rupani in Delhi highlights ‘VGGIS – 2019’ before industry captains and business tycoons
- Hardik demands for survey of Patidar community in Gujarat on the lines of the one regarding Marathas in neighbouring Maharashtra
- Scrapped notes of Rs 1000/500 of face value of over 69 lakhs recovered in South Gujarat, 2 arrested