Gir leopards kill two elderly women in Junagadh district in GujaratNovember 06, 2017
Leopards from Gir forest killed two elderly women in Junagahd district of Gujarat last night.
The first incident took place in Mendarana area where a leopard from nearby forests sneaked in to a hut situated close to a river there and pulled away 55 year old Muktaben Dipabhai. He mutilated and half eaten body was found at a distance of around 100 meters from the hut.
The other such incident has been reported from Jangar village under Maliya Hatina taluka of the same district. Another leopard killed Rajuben Devabhai Koli (75) in similar manner.
Forest officials were trying to nab the killer beasts.
Notably, Gir forests spread across three districts in Saurashtra region of Gujarat is famous as the sole abode of Asiatic lions but it also houses a large number of leopards and other wild animals.
- Moderate tremor in central South Gujarat, epicenter near Netrang in Bharuch, no damage reported
- Body of lion found in millet field in Gujarat
- Union Cabinet clears ordinance to award death penalty to child rapists
- Live: PM Modi addresses Civil Servants in Delhi
- Parimal Nathwani written 'Gir Lion : Pride of Gujarat' book launched in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat CM at Dholera SIR tomorrow to lay foundation stone for two projects