Gir leopards kill two elderly women in Junagadh district in GujaratNovember 06, 2017
Leopards from Gir forest killed two elderly women in Junagahd district of Gujarat last night.
The first incident took place in Mendarana area where a leopard from nearby forests sneaked in to a hut situated close to a river there and pulled away 55 year old Muktaben Dipabhai. He mutilated and half eaten body was found at a distance of around 100 meters from the hut.
The other such incident has been reported from Jangar village under Maliya Hatina taluka of the same district. Another leopard killed Rajuben Devabhai Koli (75) in similar manner.
Forest officials were trying to nab the killer beasts.
Notably, Gir forests spread across three districts in Saurashtra region of Gujarat is famous as the sole abode of Asiatic lions but it also houses a large number of leopards and other wild animals.
- Another success in land acquisition for bullet train project in Surat district
- Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal tie nuptial knot over Vedic chants and Hindu tradition in Mumbai
- Exhibition on Futuristic Technologies at Science City for Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Northerly winds making weather colder in Gujarat, Maximum temperatures at most places fall below 30°C
- President Ram Nath Kovind will visit ‘Statue of Unity’ on Dec 15
- Union Railway Minister to dedicate Nation’s First Railway University in Vadodara on 15th December