Gir leopards kill two elderly women in Junagadh district in GujaratNovember 06, 2017
Leopards from Gir forest killed two elderly women in Junagahd district of Gujarat last night.
The first incident took place in Mendarana area where a leopard from nearby forests sneaked in to a hut situated close to a river there and pulled away 55 year old Muktaben Dipabhai. He mutilated and half eaten body was found at a distance of around 100 meters from the hut.
The other such incident has been reported from Jangar village under Maliya Hatina taluka of the same district. Another leopard killed Rajuben Devabhai Koli (75) in similar manner.
Forest officials were trying to nab the killer beasts.
Notably, Gir forests spread across three districts in Saurashtra region of Gujarat is famous as the sole abode of Asiatic lions but it also houses a large number of leopards and other wild animals.
- Nachiket Barve’s “R|Elan™ Millennial Maharanis” collection, unveiled at source India 2018 - Surat
- Jio parters with Star to provide India-Cricket content to Jio users
- Emami Paper Mills Ltd to invest 2,000 crore in Gujarat; foundation stone laid for the plant in Bhauch
- None of 11 lions found dead in 2 ranges of Gir East forest were infected by virus:Gujarat Forest department chief
- PM Modi may visit Gujarat on September 30
- SMC standing committee completes formality about rise in corporators salary