2.12 crore voters eligible to exercise franchise in first phase poll in Gujarat on December 9December 07, 2017
Gandhinagar: The Election Commission of India(ECI) today said it has completed preparations for polling in the first phase of election in Gujarat in which 2.12 crore voters are going to exercise the franchise.
First phase polling will take place on 89 assembly seats on December 9.
According to ECI 24,689 polling stations are set up at 14,155 places. Total 2,12,31,652 voters are eligible to cast votes. Of them 1,11,05,933 are gents voters while 1,01,25,472 are ladies. 247 voters belong to third gender.
There are total 4,35,28,519 registered voters at present in Gujarat.
Some seats that have more than 15 candidates will have different size of polling compartment. 2169 polling stations of Mandvi(Kutch), Wadhvan, Dhoraji, Jamnagar rural, Jamnagar North, Khambhalia, Botad and Limbayat will have 24.36.30 inch size polling compartment. Rest 22,520 polling station will have 24.24.30 inch size polling compartments.
In the second phase, Radhanpur, Viramgam, Vatva, Bapunagar and Dhandhuka are five seats each of which has 16 or more candidates. Therefore, the ECI will use 24.36.30 size polling compartments at 1472 polling stations. 23,847 polling stations will use 24.24.30 inch size polling compartments.
In the second phase polling on 93 seats scheduled on December 14, 1,15,47,435 male and 1,07,48,977 female voters along with 455 third gender voters are registered for vote.
Thus total 2,22,96,867 voters will exercise their rights. The second phase voting will take place at 14,523 places across 25,575 polling stations.
- Nachiket Barve’s “R|Elan™ Millennial Maharanis” collection, unveiled at source India 2018 - Surat
- Jio parters with Star to provide India-Cricket content to Jio users
- Emami Paper Mills Ltd to invest 2,000 crore in Gujarat; foundation stone laid for the plant in Bhauch
- None of 11 lions found dead in 2 ranges of Gir East forest were infected by virus:Gujarat Forest department chief
- PM Modi may visit Gujarat on September 30
- SMC standing committee completes formality about rise in corporators salary