68% average turnout in first phase of Gujarat elections as per preliminary figuresDecember 09, 2017
Gandhinagar: The Election Commission of India(ECI) today evening said that preliminary average polling figure of first phase of Gujarat assembly general election was 68%. The final figure will arrive later which can be higher than this.
All 89 assembly seats of Kutch, Saurashtra and South Gujarat regions of Gujarat went for polling today. Barring one incident in which four persons were injured in Limbdi seat of Surendranagar district, the polling was peaceful across the State.
The highest turnout was 75% in Morbi and Navsari districts followed by Narmada and Tapi districts at 73% each.The lowest voting was in Porbandar and Botad which was 60%.
The second phase polling will be on December 14 covering the areas of North Gujarat and Central Gujarat including the cities of Ahmedabad and Vadodara.
- Actress Rita Bhaduri passes away
- Rupani canceles Gir Somnath visit as helicopter unable to land due to bad weather
- Sterling Hospital Ahmedabad 'charges a patient unfairly'; video goes viral
- Gujarat govt announces transfers of over 30 IPS officers; Rajkot, Vadodara get new Police Commissioner
- Opportunity to join Civil Service: GPSC invites applications for 294 Class I and II posts
- Saudi Airlines plane going to Dhaka from Riyadh make emergency landing in Ahmedabad