PM boards seaplane from river SabarmatiDecember 12, 2017
Ahmedabad: At around 10.00 am today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi boarded a seaplane from river Sabarmati at Ahmedabad to reach Dharoi dam in North Gujarat. The Prime Minister boarded a modified American built Quest Kodiak float plane after waving hand to people gathered on Sabarmati Riverfront and Sardar bridge. The plane as per its schedule reached Dharoi dam where PM was welcomed by locals. The Prime Minister is scheduled to visit Ambaji temple in pilgrim town Ambaji in North Gujarat by road. He will return on same route by road and via sea plane. This is Prime Minister’s first visit to Ambaji temple after assuming office in Delhi. Ahead of his journey in seaplane, the Prime Minister visited State BJP headquarters ‘Kamalam’ for audio bridge interaction with party’s Other Backward Class(OBC) cadres. Party president Amit Shah among others were present at party headquarters. It is believed that some electoral strategy talks happened during this visit.
Pilot John Goulet who flew PM in seaplane said: It was a very pleasing experience. I gave him safety briefing. He was a very good passenger. Sea planes are very common in many countries, it should be popular in #India also as you have lakes, the rivers, the coastal areas.
— ANI (@ANI) December 12, 2017
- A lioness and a cub die in Dalkhaniya range of Gir forest in last 24 hours, number of lion deaths reaches 13
- BJP MLA speaks against paid-garba, terms it a loot of sorts in the name of mother goddess
- Air Show in Vadodara on Air Force day, to end with enthralling sky-diving display
- Assam Congress tweet links Gujaratis to fraud crimes; attracts sharp reactions in response
- Railways transport trucks loaded with goods from Gujarat to South India in new Ro-Ro service
- Rahul Gandhi's claim on SPG - RSS a lie: MHA issues clarification