PM boards seaplane from river SabarmatiDecember 12, 2017
Ahmedabad: At around 10.00 am today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi boarded a seaplane from river Sabarmati at Ahmedabad to reach Dharoi dam in North Gujarat. The Prime Minister boarded a modified American built Quest Kodiak float plane after waving hand to people gathered on Sabarmati Riverfront and Sardar bridge. The plane as per its schedule reached Dharoi dam where PM was welcomed by locals. The Prime Minister is scheduled to visit Ambaji temple in pilgrim town Ambaji in North Gujarat by road. He will return on same route by road and via sea plane. This is Prime Minister’s first visit to Ambaji temple after assuming office in Delhi. Ahead of his journey in seaplane, the Prime Minister visited State BJP headquarters ‘Kamalam’ for audio bridge interaction with party’s Other Backward Class(OBC) cadres. Party president Amit Shah among others were present at party headquarters. It is believed that some electoral strategy talks happened during this visit.
Pilot John Goulet who flew PM in seaplane said: It was a very pleasing experience. I gave him safety briefing. He was a very good passenger. Sea planes are very common in many countries, it should be popular in #India also as you have lakes, the rivers, the coastal areas.
— ANI (@ANI) December 12, 2017
- Nitin Patel rubbishes rumors being spread on social media about him; CM finds such trash on social media not worth reacting
- Over 500 junior doctors of Ahmedabad civil hospital on flash strike again
- Social media lauds AMC's strict actions against litterers as videos go viral
- RIL partners with PROLINE to co-brand sports apparels
- Honda not in hurry for car plant in Gujarat
- Bhavnagar to get Rs 80 crore regional science museum