3 children and driver injure in school van fire in SuratJanuary 11, 2018
Surat: 3 students including two girls of a well known school in the city sustained burn injuries during a sudden fire in a school van in Ghoddod road area of the city this morning.
Police said that a van carrying around 12 students from Athalan area to Seven Day School in Athwa lines suddenly caught fire near BSNL office in Ghoddod road at around 7 am this morning. The fire was most likely caused by some problem in the CNG kit of the van. The driver of the van, who also sustained burn brought out the nine students while the remaining three, who sustained burn injuries got trapped on the back side. A man on his regular morning walk came to their rescue and saved them after breaking the window pane.
3 injured students with burn injuries in hand, leg and face have been admitted to a private hospital reportedly run by the group which also operates their school. Local BJP MLA Sangeeta Patil went to hospital to see the injured children.
The private van was completely burnt down in the fire. The school bags of all the students were also reduced to ashes.
- Exide Industry to acquire immovable & movable assets of Tudor India within a month in Gujarat
- Naroda Patiya case: Gujarat HC gives 10 years jail term to 3 accused, fine also imposed
- Gujarat HC upheld state govt's domicile related rules for admission in UG medical courses
- Gujarat ATS SP meets BJP President Amit Shah
- Heavy rain in Valsad and Umargam; trains on Surat - Mumbai route moving slower, road traffic impacted
- Reliance Jewels launches premium flagship showroom in Ahmedabad