3 children and driver injure in school van fire in SuratJanuary 11, 2018
Surat: 3 students including two girls of a well known school in the city sustained burn injuries during a sudden fire in a school van in Ghoddod road area of the city this morning.
Police said that a van carrying around 12 students from Athalan area to Seven Day School in Athwa lines suddenly caught fire near BSNL office in Ghoddod road at around 7 am this morning. The fire was most likely caused by some problem in the CNG kit of the van. The driver of the van, who also sustained burn brought out the nine students while the remaining three, who sustained burn injuries got trapped on the back side. A man on his regular morning walk came to their rescue and saved them after breaking the window pane.
3 injured students with burn injuries in hand, leg and face have been admitted to a private hospital reportedly run by the group which also operates their school. Local BJP MLA Sangeeta Patil went to hospital to see the injured children.
The private van was completely burnt down in the fire. The school bags of all the students were also reduced to ashes.
- Nita Ambani performs Madhurashtakam, entire Ambani family dance on 'Gujju' song, Salman Khan dances as background artist at Isha Ambani's pre-wedding celebration in Udaipur
- Jagdish Thakkar PRO of PM Modi who also served as PRO of various Gujarat CMs passes away
- Jasdan by-poll: Fake news alert
- Nita Ambani visits Swadesh Bazaar - supporting 108 traditional Indian Crafts
- A group of 30 professors from Gujarat visit PM Modi after attending training programme in U.K.
- Gujarat to have Consul office of Kazakhstan; inauguration on Monday