Ahmedabad leads in free wi fi usage at railway stations in GujaratFebruary 09, 2018
Surat: As per an estimate, around 18-20 lakh users used free wifi facility at Surat railway station in last one year.Surat railway station got wifi facility about a year ago with 25 antennas, 2 routers and 12 switches. However in 3-month data, Ahmedabad had highest 214 TB data usage at railway station followed by Vadodara 162 TB and Surat 129 TB.
Railtel and Google have given free wifi facility to 100 railway stations in A1 category. The next round will cover A category railway stations that include Udhna, Navsari, Valsad and Vapi in South Gujarat among others. By March this year, the service is likely to start. After covering all A category railway stations, the next plan will involve B category stations.
- Nita Ambani Presents Inaugural Alpine Skiing Awards at 2018 Winter Olympics
- Bill Gates Foundation to invest Rs 35 crore in distill water and waste to power plants in Vadodara
- Diversion of subsidized urea to industry; 3 held in Vadodara, sent on remand
- 30-minute free wifi facility launched at Surat airport
- Gujarati Film review: Gujjubhai Most Wanted
- Driver of bank cash van flees with estimated Rs 98 lakh cash in Ahmedabad