Ahmedabad leads in free wi fi usage at railway stations in GujaratFebruary 09, 2018
Surat: As per an estimate, around 18-20 lakh users used free wifi facility at Surat railway station in last one year.Surat railway station got wifi facility about a year ago with 25 antennas, 2 routers and 12 switches. However in 3-month data, Ahmedabad had highest 214 TB data usage at railway station followed by Vadodara 162 TB and Surat 129 TB.
Railtel and Google have given free wifi facility to 100 railway stations in A1 category. The next round will cover A category railway stations that include Udhna, Navsari, Valsad and Vapi in South Gujarat among others. By March this year, the service is likely to start. After covering all A category railway stations, the next plan will involve B category stations.
- Gujarat BJP to mark Modi government's four years in Centre through reach out campaign
- Meeting of former MLAs of Vaghela camp including incumbent BJP MLA C K Raulji held
- Over a dozen injured in clash over digging out soil from pond under Sujalam Sufalam scheme
- Ahmedabad - Mumbai Duronto Express to be extended to Surendranagar and Rajkot from 27th May
- Gujarat board to declare Class 12 general stream exam results on May 31
- Chief Minister offers shramdan at yet another Jal Sanchay Yojna work site