Ahmedabad leads in free wi fi usage at railway stations in GujaratFebruary 09, 2018
Surat: As per an estimate, around 18-20 lakh users used free wifi facility at Surat railway station in last one year.Surat railway station got wifi facility about a year ago with 25 antennas, 2 routers and 12 switches. However in 3-month data, Ahmedabad had highest 214 TB data usage at railway station followed by Vadodara 162 TB and Surat 129 TB.
Railtel and Google have given free wifi facility to 100 railway stations in A1 category. The next round will cover A category railway stations that include Udhna, Navsari, Valsad and Vapi in South Gujarat among others. By March this year, the service is likely to start. After covering all A category railway stations, the next plan will involve B category stations.
- Latest spell of monsoon likely to take another break from tomorrow, system causing it become 'less marked'
- The latest situation of monsoon in Gujarat
- After Vajpayee's funeral, PM Modi leaves for Kerala to take stock of flood situation
- 5 killed in road mishap in Central Gujarat
- Live: People paying final respect to Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Two arrested in Surat for flying drone to capture Tiranga rally visuals