Author of ‘Life Behind The Bars’ seeks Gujarat High Court nod for fast unto death in jailFebruary 27, 2018
Surat: Virendra Vaishnav, a murder case accused has written a letter to registrar of the Gujarat High Court seeking nod for fast unto death.
Vaishnav was arrested in murder case by Salabatpura police in Surat and sent to jail. He complains that his case is not progressing in Sessions court.
Vaishnav said he was in jail for seven years, but his case was not progressing.
Vaishnav was released on temporary bails for writing two books.
He has written a book ‘Life Behind the Bars’ which is published by Britain based publication house Olympia Publishers. He gets 20$ share in total sale of the book.
Vaishnav, who is a graduate, had shifted to South Africa in search of better employment opportunities. He returned Surat in 2009 and was into finance business. He was arrested for murder of his business associate in 2010. He is alleged to have killed the businessman to recover his money.
Vaishnav however claims he is innocent and wrongly arrested and kept in jail for so many years.
- Gujarat govt announces transfers of over 30 IPS officers; Rajkot, Vadodara get new Police Commissioner
- Opportunity to join Civil Service: GPSC invites applications for 294 Class I and II posts
- Saudi Airlines plane going to Dhaka from Riyadh make emergency landing in Ahmedabad
- AMC seals Rajpath club for parking and other rules violation
- Five days heavy rainfall warning for Gujarat
- Coast-guard starts 'de-fueling' operation of M V Henry which has drifted from Porbandar harbour