Chaitri Punam fair underway at Bahucharaji, Palkhi to Shankhalpur tonightMarch 31, 2018
Mahesana: It’s Saturday, it’s Hanuman Jayanti and it’s also Chaitri Purnima(fool moon day of Gujarati calendar month of Chaitra).
Pilgrim town Bahucharaji in Mahesana district of North Gujarat is witnessing a five-day fair on occasion of Chaitri Purnima which is being participated by lakhs of visitors.
At 9.30 pm, a grand procession will proceed from the main Bahucharaji temple and reach Shakhalpur based Toda Mataji temple. After giving darshan in Shankhalpur, the idol of Goddess Bahuchar will return to Bahucharaji.
As many as 1 lakh devotees will participate in the procession. 50,000 persons are likely to attend the Dayro event of folk music. 30,000 pilgrims are being offered free meal during the fair. More than 2,000 eunuchs are participating in the fair. Over 250 groups are offering religious flags to Bahucharaji temple. 321 police men are on duty of fair. Water supply board of Government of Gujarat has set up drinking water facilities and operated more trips of tankers. 50 employees of electricity supply company are on duty round the clock to ensure smooth power supply. 65 health staffers including 15 doctors across 13 health centres are on duty. Parking is divided in five sections. Cleaning staff of 12 is on duty to keep the fair ground clean. 45 CCTV cameras are installed for security vigil. As many as 100 volunteers are extending their help to pilgrims.
- Royal Vopak to set up Rs 1500 crore facility at Dahej PCPIR based chemical terminal
- President appoints four new Judges in Gujarat High Court
- Gujarat garba gripped as Navratri 2018 enters into last phase
- Groups of Patidars protest arrest of Bharat Ambaliya in intercaste marriage linked abduction case
- Shaktisinh Gohil seeks apology from CM Rupani, warns to file criminal complaint and defamation suit
- Inside the Statue of Unity and view from gallery