3 day long IT raids against DPIL Promoter/Directors ends, Several incriminating documents, cash, jewellery, cars seizedApril 13, 2018
The Income Tax department has after 3 day long raids on the residences and other properties of the promoter and 2 directors of Vadodara-based Diamond Power Infrastructure Ltd (DPIL), who have been accused of cheating a consortium of 11 banks and 8 other financial companies to the tune of Rs 2,654 crore, has reportedly seized various incriminating documents, luxury vehicles, cash worth around 5 lakhs, jewelry and other valuables worth over 44 lakhs and sealed over half a dozen of their bank accounts.
An IT official said that around 2 dozen places in Vadodara including residences and offices of company promoter Suresh Bhatnagar and his two sons and directors Amit and Sumit Bhatnagar were raided in last 3 days in the absences of the accused. Several of the company officials were also interrogated.
He said that at least 8 bank lockers have been sealed, several documents including suspected fake bills to the tune of over 1500 crores and 7 luxurious cars have also been seized.
The official said that for now the raids were over and the detailed examination of the papers would be done.
Notably, a special CBI court had on April 10 rejected the anticipatory bail plea of the trio.
ED and CBI have also filed cases against them and had conducted raids too.
- ACB nabs official in North Gujarat for taking bribe for sanction of house under PM housing scheme
- Gujarat govt gives in-principle approval to Bhadar river bridge, box-culvert in poll-bound Jasdan
- 3 draft TP of Ahmedabad, first draft of Pal TP scheme in Surat, Development Plan of JUDA approved
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- On tip off from NIA, Gujarat ATS nabs West Bengal linked fake currency note dealer
- Gujarat CM launches Ekta Yatra from Bardoli to create awareness about Statue of Unity