Runway resurfacing at Ahmedabad airport to complete tomorrow, flight operations to normalize from April 16April 14, 2018
The domestic flight operations at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International airport will be completely normal again from day after tomorrow ie April 16, after an around one and a half month restrictions due to major runway resurfacing work.
The runway after completion of its resurfacing work would be handed over to the AAI at 1900 hrs tomorrow evening and the flight operations at the largest and sole international airport in Guajrat would normalize from day after tomorrow, Airport Director Manoj Gangal said today.
Notably the resurfacing of runway started on February 16 to 28 in the first phase and from March 1 to April 15 in the second phase. As in the first phase it was done in that part of the 3.505 km long runway which was not used for regular landing or take-off work, no flights were hampered.
.But from March 1 to April 15 the operational area of the runway has been re-surfaced and owing to the work from 10 am to 7 pm there is no flight operation during this period. In all around 30 domestic flights of this period have been rescheduled owing to it.
As all the international flights operate during the night or early morning hours they operate as usual.
In all around 200 flights are operated from the airport on daily basis of which around 25% are international.
Notably, the resurfacing of the runway was necessitated as it had developed potholes and patches during the heavy monsoon rains last year.
- Contrary to rumours , I am not going to contest Lok Sabha election: Faisal Ahmed Patel
- Pakistani prisoner dies of lever illness in Bhuj
- Who is Dr. Mahendra Munjapara, a surprise name in BJP LS candidate list for Gujarat
- BJP announces Gujarat candidates for 15 more Lok Sabha seats; total 16 of 26 candidates declared, of them 14 repeated
- Womenfolk hold Maha yagna in Gujarat for re-election of Modi as PM
- Four times ex-MLA in Gujarat Khumansinh Chauhan re-joins Congress party