Railways to try push and pull technique in express trainsMay 16, 2018
New Delhi: Indian Railways is going to use ‘push and pull’ technique to further speed up the trains.
The trial of this technique is being done on Mumbai – Delhi special Rajdhani Express.
Under this technique, two engines are attached to train – one on the front and the other on the back side.
The special Rajdhani train if run using push and pull method may take time shorter in range of half an hour to one hour compared to conventional Rajdhani express train according to railway officials.
The technique is already tried and tested in goods trains. Such trains can run only where 160 km speed is possible. Before running the trains through this technique some upgradations are also required.
- Another success in land acquisition for bullet train project in Surat district
- Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal tie nuptial knot over Vedic chants and Hindu tradition in Mumbai
- Exhibition on Futuristic Technologies at Science City for Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Northerly winds making weather colder in Gujarat, Maximum temperatures at most places fall below 30°C
- President Ram Nath Kovind will visit ‘Statue of Unity’ on Dec 15
- Union Railway Minister to dedicate Nation’s First Railway University in Vadodara on 15th December