Railways to try push and pull technique in express trainsMay 16, 2018
New Delhi: Indian Railways is going to use ‘push and pull’ technique to further speed up the trains.
The trial of this technique is being done on Mumbai – Delhi special Rajdhani Express.
Under this technique, two engines are attached to train – one on the front and the other on the back side.
The special Rajdhani train if run using push and pull method may take time shorter in range of half an hour to one hour compared to conventional Rajdhani express train according to railway officials.
The technique is already tried and tested in goods trains. Such trains can run only where 160 km speed is possible. Before running the trains through this technique some upgradations are also required.
- ACB nabs Income Tax Inspector and RFO in two traps in North and South Gujarat
- Modi, Hasina to address Visva Bharati convocation
- Taking suo moto cognizance of Shapar-Veraval incident NHRC seeks report from Gujarat govt.
- Heat-waves make comeback in parts of Gujarat, Maximum temperatures likely to remain in the range of 41-45°C in next 2 days
- Amit Shah shares details of Narendra Modi government's four-year achievements in rural development sector
- Aviation Ministry proposes no cancellation fee on flight tickets cancelled within 24 hours of booking