Railways to try push and pull technique in express trainsMay 16, 2018
New Delhi: Indian Railways is going to use ‘push and pull’ technique to further speed up the trains.
The trial of this technique is being done on Mumbai – Delhi special Rajdhani Express.
Under this technique, two engines are attached to train – one on the front and the other on the back side.
The special Rajdhani train if run using push and pull method may take time shorter in range of half an hour to one hour compared to conventional Rajdhani express train according to railway officials.
The technique is already tried and tested in goods trains. Such trains can run only where 160 km speed is possible. Before running the trains through this technique some upgradations are also required.
- Royal Vopak to set up Rs 1500 crore facility at Dahej PCPIR based chemical terminal
- President appoints four new Judges in Gujarat High Court
- Gujarat garba gripped as Navratri 2018 enters into last phase
- Groups of Patidars protest arrest of Bharat Ambaliya in intercaste marriage linked abduction case
- Shaktisinh Gohil seeks apology from CM Rupani, warns to file criminal complaint and defamation suit
- Inside the Statue of Unity and view from gallery