Railways to try push and pull technique in express trainsMay 16, 2018
New Delhi: Indian Railways is going to use ‘push and pull’ technique to further speed up the trains.
The trial of this technique is being done on Mumbai – Delhi special Rajdhani Express.
Under this technique, two engines are attached to train – one on the front and the other on the back side.
The special Rajdhani train if run using push and pull method may take time shorter in range of half an hour to one hour compared to conventional Rajdhani express train according to railway officials.
The technique is already tried and tested in goods trains. Such trains can run only where 160 km speed is possible. Before running the trains through this technique some upgradations are also required.
- Arun Jaitley explains why Rahul Gandhi’s minimum income guarantee scheme NYAY promise "is bluff"
- Five more nabbed for playing PUBG online game in Gujarat, so far more than 40 caught
- Most of congress candidates names for Gujarat likely to be announced by tomorrow evening: Amit Chavda
- GVFL & TiE Ahmedabad all set to organize ‘Venture Leap’
- Untimely heat-wave in parts of Gujarat, likely to continue tomorrow as well
- Induction of Chinook Helicopters in Indian Air Force