Railways to try push and pull technique in express trainsMay 16, 2018
New Delhi: Indian Railways is going to use ‘push and pull’ technique to further speed up the trains.
The trial of this technique is being done on Mumbai – Delhi special Rajdhani Express.
Under this technique, two engines are attached to train – one on the front and the other on the back side.
The special Rajdhani train if run using push and pull method may take time shorter in range of half an hour to one hour compared to conventional Rajdhani express train according to railway officials.
The technique is already tried and tested in goods trains. Such trains can run only where 160 km speed is possible. Before running the trains through this technique some upgradations are also required.
- BJP MLA speaks against paid-garba, terms it a loot of sorts in the name of mother goddess
- Air Show in Vadodara on Air Force day, to end with enthralling sky-diving display
- Assam Congress tweet links Gujaratis to fraud crimes; attracts sharp reactions in response
- Railways transport trucks loaded with goods from Gujarat to South India in new Ro-Ro service
- Rahul Gandhi's claim on SPG - RSS a lie: MHA issues clarification
- Foundation stone laid for 44 km 6-lane conversion of Sarkhej - Gandhinagar - Chiloda highway