Vinod Bhatt was like a ‘North-star’ in the sky of humorous literature, I was brought up reading him: BJP president Amit ShahMay 23, 2018
BJP President Amit Shah today expressed deep condolence on the demise of veteran Gujarati humorist, litterateur and columnist Vinodbhai Bhatt and said that his place in the ‘sky of humorous literature’ would remain constant like a ‘north-star’.
In his condolence message he said that Vinodbhai was like a milestone in the field of humorous Gujarati writing. ‘ I feel grieved while addressing him as ‘late’. He was creator of downright, subtle and natural style humour, who had entertained Gujaratis for decades.’
He said,’ I was also brought up reading Vinodbhai. Starting from his articles published in Kumar and Navchetan to his famous colum Idam Tritiyam and Vinodni Nazre are like crowns of the Gujarati humorous literature.”
Shah said that the demise of Vinodbhai has caused an irreparable loss to he literature world and his absence would always be felt. He prayed for the peace of the departed soul.
- Justice MR Shah, KS Jhaveri from Gujarat to be CJ of Patna and Odisha High Court respsectively
- MLA Shailesh Sotta makes representation at Collectorate against 'Land Jihad'
- Former MLA Jayanti Bhanushali booked in rape case by Surat police
- Narendra Modi led government defeats no-trust motion comfortably in Lok Sabha with 325 vs 126 votes
- The city of Ahmedabad receives good rain finally
- 'RFP for 1000 MW first phase of Dholera Solar Park project to be out in a month period'