Gujarat CM launches two-day school enrolment drive from tribal populated Poshina belt of North GujaratJune 14, 2018
Himmatnagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today kicked off the school enrolment drive at Lambhadia village of Poshina taluka in Sabarkantha district of North Gujarat. He also dedicated Rs 1.45 crore reconstructed seasonal hostel and 60 new rooms of school constructed at a cost of Rs 5.08 crore.
Rupani said, in the era of knowledge, education is very much a foundation of holistic development. Rupani recalled how then Chief Minister Narendra Modi initiated the school enrolment drive with target of 100% enrolment. Rupani said the state government spends Rs 27,000 crore every year on education.
He said the government has set up 45 Eklavya schools in tribal areas. More than 550 ashram schools are functional in the state. The government has decided to set up medical colleges in Banaskantha, Dahod, Panchmahal etc places.
The Chief Minister planted a tree in school campus.
Two-day enrolment drive is 16th such since 2002-2003 when it started. Gujarat has achieved 99.15% enrolment in primary schools. Pravesh Utsav this year will cover 32,780 primary, 1123 government secondary and 5157 grant-in-aide secondary schools. Minister, Board/Corporation office bearers, IAS, IPS, IFS officials, department heads, secretariat officials in all 538 persons from the govt will join this drive. The government has also started enrolment drive for standard 9th.
The Chief Minister, on the second day of pravesh utsav will visit Sham Gahan Maleganv and Jogbari villages of Saputara area of tribal populated district Dang in South Gujarat. He will also inaugurate Shri Rameshbhai Oza inspired Sandipani Vidya Sankul in Saputara.
- 36.89% storage across 204 reservoirs in Gujarat; 19 put on high alert
- Industries and business in Gujarat suffer estimated loss of over 1500 crores due to truck operators strike
- Phoenix Mills Ltd - Bsafal Joint Venture to acquire and develop 5.16 acre land on SG Highway in Ahmedabad
- Himalaya, Ahmedabad One Mall make parking free
- John Abraham participates in shooting of Raw in Junagadh, Pakistan like look given to shooting-locations
- Citizens in Ahmedabad participate in rally against 'Love-Jihad'