Jet Airways plane suffers ‘bird-hit’ at Rajkot Airport during take-offJune 30, 2018
A Jet Airway aircraft with around 90 passengers on board got bird-hit during take-off at the Rajkot airport this morning and had to abandon departure, Airport Director B K Das said.
The flight number 9W2398 for Mumbai from here with scheduled departure time of 0640 got bird-hit during take off.
Das said that the departure was abandoned and the repairing of the affected part of the aircraft was being done.
‘It would take off only after the completion of repair or else the passengers would be accommodated in other flights,’ a Jet Airways official said.
Its engine, in which a bird got trapped, has been affected and the spare-part is being brought from Mumbai. All passengers were safe.
The same aircraft had arrived here this morning from Mumbai.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies